Thursday, March 25, 2010

our story

Once upon a time, there was a country boy who fell in love with a pinup.  This is a short version of our story.

Charlie and I met in the summer of 2009 and hit it off right away!

In June, Charlie and I met at Saddle Ridge Country Club in hampton, VA.  We were respectively separated at the time and we met as friends.  That night was amazing!  We walked along a beach and had one of those deep conversations that you can only have with someone you connect with.  We walked back to my friend's apartment and he kissed me up against a lamppost at about 3:30 in the morning.  The BEST kiss I'd ever had, and it was from this incredible man I've ever known. 

Very quickly we hit it off!  We became best friends within a few weeks, and have been insperable ever since!   Spending several weekends in Busch Gardens, and even Water Country, USA.  We've spent time in Williamsburg and in Virginia Beach. and

I moved to TN in late November after Charlie met my family for Thanksgiving and he and I continued to grow our relationship then through his divorce proceedings.  In December he introduced me to his family in South Carolina.  I went down his girlfriend and came back his future bride!

He proposed to me Christmas eve with the most beautiful words I had ever heard.  (I will post them later if I have his permission).

Charlie has assumed the role of father to (my) our two wonderful children Zoe and Judah.  They love Charlie so much, and he loves them, they are my family.  They all make me so proud.

Charlie and I agree on just about everything.  We believe that the husband is the head of the household where the wife is his helpmeet.  I look forward every day to making his life as perfect as I can.  He's the provider, I'm the heart of the home. :)  It's how we think it should be. Espeically considering this is the way that God designed it.  (not getting into a theological discussion here, just my personal belief.)

Well, very soon Charlie's job will be taking him away from me.  He's in the army as a chinook (sp?) helicpoter mechanic and he'll be gone to Afganistan for a year.   We are getting married before our "wedding"- where we celebrate with everyone. 

Charlie and I are having our wedding on December 18th, 2010 while he's home on R&R.  We plan to honeymoon in Disneyworld.  (we'll see as it is so close to Christmas)  I will post more updates when I get things underway, but that is a different story.

1 comment: